Our Own Published Book!

Papa Bene

Papa Bene

Me Elsewhere

My Book Pile

Books I've read, books I want to read
LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Meme

Wrapping paper or gift bags?

If it can go in a bag and look presentable, it does. I worked for years when I was in school gift wrapping presents at gift and department stores. Ugh!

Real tree or artificial?

Real.

When do you put up the tree?

The weekend before Christmas. Ideally, it would be Christmas Eve, but we are usually busy with extended family activities that day.

When do you take the tree down?

Not before the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord, after Epiphany.

Favorite holiday theme?

Victorian

Favorite gift received as a child?

A diary from my godfather.

Do you have a nativity scene?

We have three. One we received from my parents when we were first married. The other two our sons can play with. BamBam loves playing with them this year.

Hardest person to buy for?

Giving Tree gift, because I don't actually know the recipient.

Easiest person to buy for?

Our sons.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Ummm, pass.

Mail or email cards?

Mail.

Favorite Christmas movie?

A Christmas Carol (with George C. Scott)

Going My Way

The Bells of St. Mary's

The Bishop's Wife (original with Cary Grant)

When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Thanksgiving.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

No.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Fudge, cheesecake, shrimp cocktail, pastries.

White lights or colored on the tree?

Flicker flames.

Favorite Christmas song?

Silent Night (but there are many, many more)

Travel for Christmas or stay at home?

Travel every other year, usually.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?

Yes.

Angel on the tree top or a star?

Star.

Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas morning, but maybe one each for the kids before bed on Christmas Eve.

Most annoying thing about this time of year?

"Holiday music" which has nothing to do with Christ. "Step into Christmas"; "Baby, It's Cold Outside"; "Santa, Baby." Need I say more?

What I love most about Christmas?

Christmas Mass and the sense of peace. Christmas day is always so peaceful.


HT: Dawn

No comments:

Christmastide

Christmastide
Christmas time is here....

About Me

My photo
Lockport, New York, United States
I am a Catholic wife and mother living in western New York State.

Articles of Note

Web Sites of Note