Our Own Published Book!

Papa Bene

Papa Bene

Me Elsewhere

My Book Pile

Books I've read, books I want to read
LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Screening Movies for Children

Last weekend Door Man rented Happy Feet (Widescreen Edition) for the boys. We were disappointed in it, although the boys liked it. It was only then that I remembered Steven Greydanus' web site Decent Films Guide. Greydanus is the film critic for the National Catholic Register. If I had read his review first, we would have skipped Happy Feet altogether.

One of the things I like about the Decent Films site is that you can filter reviewed films by ratings and moral / spiritual value and age appropriateness. So when I filtered for all films with a neutral or positive moral value, rated G I find 53 movies to select from. This will give us a starting place to build our queue on Blockbuster's online rental service.

No comments: