Our Own Published Book!

Papa Bene

Papa Bene

Me Elsewhere

My Book Pile

Books I've read, books I want to read
LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Earthly and Heavenly Things

"I would be against choosing whether to play soccer or to study sacred Scripture or canon law. Let us do both," Benedict XVI responded. "We cannot always live in high meditation; maybe a saint at the highest levels of his earthly existence can do that, but normally we live with our feet on the ground and our eyes fixed on heaven.

"Both are given to us by the Lord and therefore loving human things, loving the beauty of this earth, is not just very human, but also very Christian and quite Catholic."

Hat-tip to Elena

1 comment:

Leonie said...

I just put this on my blog, too - what a coincidence!